Friday 10 June 2011

Mixed reactions to Maths paper 1

There will rarely be consensus on Maths papers and today was no exception with mixed reactions from ordinary level students. ‘It was a good paper. The people that wanted to scrape the pass it was there for them’, ‘it was way harder than I thought it would be’, ‘Some little parts in questions got me. But overall I was really happy with how it went’. One ordinary level student remarked:  ‘Be glad we don't do honours, that thread is in meltdown!!’
The thread was in ‘meltdown’ indeed with a more or less unanimous verdict among higher level students online that the paper was very difficult. Comments included ‘the worst paper I have ever seen’, ‘disgusting’, ‘horrible’ ‘and ‘Oh thank god, I'm not the only one who thought it was evil.’ One student asked ‘They will have to mark it easier though? Like they can’t fail the whole country!’ ‘There is always paper 2’ suggested another. …

No comments:

Post a Comment